The popular cliche that says “what God has joined together, let no
man put asunder” no longer hold waters between the once happily married
couple of a teacher, Mrs Funmi Bello and Mr. Taofeek Bello as they are
both fighting dirty in court for the dissolution of their three year old
marriage.
The petitioner, Mrs. Bello lamented to the jurors at Ikorodu
Customary Court in Lagos State that her major reason for filing for the
termination of the once happy union was her husband’s involvement with
the O’odua People’s’ Congress (OPC). She claimed that with his
involvement, he often threatens her life with charms of all sorts.
Most importantly, Funmi also accused her husband of being an
unrepentant woman torturer who hits her at any slightest provocation.
According to her, “Recently, I discovered that my husband had joined OPC when he was not sleeping at home.
He curses me and brings his co-members to threaten me. Please
separate us; he has threatened to kill me and I don’t want to die now,”
she said.
In a twist of tale, Mr. Bello, a father of one, confirmed he joined
the OPC group but denied ever using charms to threaten his wife.
However, he urged the court to intervene on his behalf to restore peace
in his shaky marriage.
“Truly, I joined the OPC but I did not threaten her life with charms;
I only brought my members home to help me warn her,” he said.
Having sensed the possibility of reconciliation, the presiding judge,
Mrs Risikat Ekerin, warned both parties to stay out of each other’s
trouble while she adjourned the case to another date.
No comments:
Post a Comment